16.12.18

017 - I, Moratorium

It is theorized that "Identity Moratorium" is the status of individuals who are in the midst of a crisis, whose attachments are either absent or are only vaguely defined, but exploring alternatives. - Alex Chien, in Chrysanthemum, 2018

Do we choose what we want ourselves to be?

Breathing in, deeply, slowly exhaling. For me this question breaks through a lot of barriers. On the one hand we are geneticly programmed by our birth parents, at least this counts for me, and I programmed by our adoptive parents. Or parents who shape us in the early years, for a lot people this does not necessarily has to be the people that are taking care of you in the practical needs like shelter, and food. This can also be that one uncle, aunt or father of a good childhood friend.

For me I think it is a combination of all of these. Maybe I made a rolemodel in my head, and let my imagination run wild with a crosstaminition of Pipi Langkous' dad and Jesus Christ. Which are both, sorry do not want to be disrespectful, very rich character example of excellent character building writing skills, some may be over 6000 years old, and still relevant, for a percentage of the world population, that is.

What do you think, do we choose ourselves what we want to be?
I am not sure what to think at this point.
Ask me in ten years, and I think I will still be in the dark.

Maybe not.
Me?
Maybe.
I?
Maybe I am.
Am I?
Maybe.
I.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten